Are you working on your website content? Do you need help understanding what information goes on which page? Do you know what questions you need to answer? Could your current website use a content makeover?
Business owners are not always writers. The same goes for website designers and developers. Even writers can have a hard time creating website content because they're too close to the topic they're writing about (usually their books).
- Focus on overall website issues and understanding your target market first.
- Tackle your website content page-by-page, by first answering questions before worrying about forming paragraphs and sentences.
- Focus on one thing at a time to prevent feeling overwhelmed by the entire web content project.
- Create common website pages and learn what belongs on each page while answering questions about your business.
- Discover whether your content is serving the human purpose of generating sales, even while you give a nod to the search engines.
- Create human-readable content, so that you answer people's burning questions when they click on each page of your website.
- Overcome web content creation writer's block.
- Determine what extra web page features you need, such as using a graphical events calendar versus event listings.